Sunday, September 13, 2009

Narrative Essay Example 1

Professor Register
08/18/2009

Gate Takeout

Walking down the beach on a Sunday afternoon my friend Randy and I started to become rather hungry. Being 16 at the time we were both broke and didn’t have a dime to spare; luckily Randy had a Gate gas station card which was loaded to the brim with credits. He was only supposed to use it for emergencies, but starving at the time we decided that was an emergency itself. We went inside and Randy got a few candy bars while I got 2 hotdogs, a protein bar, and a bottle of water. As soon as we purchased them, we downed out food and began walking back to our cars. On the way back home, decide to stop by the gym and get a quick workout. The workout went great; I felt on top of the world and continued to hit the weights. While doing bicep curls, however, I started to feel a little queasy to my stomach. I figured it was because I had just eaten and didn’t give my body enough time to digest the food. We left the gym and go our separate ways back to our homes.

When I walked in my house I still felt nauseas, so I told my mom and she said it was because I worked out on a full stomach also. I went upstairs and try to take a nap, figuring by the time I woke up I would feel much better. I fell asleep for a good 2 hours and woke up feeling as if I swallowed some glass shards. My stomach was in intense pain, and it felt like it could pop within minutes. I turned the TV on, hoping it would take my mind off my tummy. It only made things worse and every food commercial I saw only made me feel sicker and sicker. I couldn’t handle it anymore so I ran straight to the bathroom and forced myself to throw up. It was horrible and I hoped that I had gotten it all out of my system by puking. Nope, within five minutes my gut started crying again and I was back at the toilet, inches away from giving my self a swirly. This went on all night long, every 5 to 10 minutes from the bed to the toilet, nonstop until I had nothing to throw up anymore.

There was a point where it was about 3am, and I hadn’t thrown up for a good 20 minutes. I thought it was out of my system, but boy was I wrong. It was the eye of the storm, and as soon it passed the second round hit me again; I was, again, at the toilet every few minutes until 9 am the next morning. When it was over I was exhausted, physically and mentally. After throwing up more than 40 times I had come to the conclusion it was food poisoning, from those damn hot dogs. I had always told myself the last thing I would want to get is a kidney stone. I’d pee rocks the rest of my life to avoid another night of that hell. One thing is for sure, if I ever get a hot dog again it better be from the vet instead when my dog has a fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment